Recent news (Last updated: Nov. 2022):
* Funding awarded from NIH (R21): NIH R21-AG077404: “Wearable Sensors and AI to Recognize and Evaluate IADLs"
* Funding awarded from NSF: NSF #2124866, “A Digital Nudge: Assessing the Impact of an Immutable Records Data Management Platform on Student Researcher Ethics."
* We are working on final contracts on an international collaborative project funded by KIAT, with a two-year award to GW at ~$137,000. Updates coming soon.
* I was honored to be awarded with a GW SEAS Junior Faculty Research Award. So appreciative of all the supports from the school, students, and collaborators.
* We received a one year CTSI-CN award ($50,000) with a team of GW CCAS, GW SEAS, and GW SoN.
* One of our HRI LBR was awarded with LBR Award (2nd place) in HRI'19 held at Daegu, Korea.
* We received a five year NSF CAREER award ($548,900), entitled: "CAREER: Social Intelligence with Contextual Ambidexterity for Long-Term Human-Robot Interaction and Intervention (LT-HRI2)."
* We received a one-year, $50,000 award from the Clinical and Translational Science Institute at Children’s National (CTSI-CN) to support our project, “Tele-assistive Robotic Nurse for Human-Robot Collaboration in Neonatal Environment.”
* Funding awarded from NIH (R01 HD082914)
NRI-NIH: MUSIC-BASED INTERACTIVE ROBOTIC
ORCHESTRATIONFOR CHILDREN WITH ASD
* We received a two-year research award from GW OVPR CDRF program, ~$97,500.
* My Master's student Rachael Bevill has been awarded the 2017-2018 Whitaker International Program Fellowship. The Whitaker Fellowship is a funding opportunity for emerging U.S. leaders in biomedical engineering to build collaborative ties with individuals and institutions overseas. Roughly 30 fellows are selected nationally each year. During the 2017-2018 academic year, Rachael will spend nine months in Stuttgart, Germany conducting research under Dr. Katherine Kuchenbecker, director of the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, Department of Haptic Intelligence.
* Our undergraduate researcher, Paul Azzi, has been awarded the Summer Undergraduate Program in Engineering Research (SUPER) scholarship~!
* Two of my mentored teams have won the Invention & Entrepreneurship awards ($2,000 each)--Scott Downen et al., and Hifza Javed et al.--at the GW Research Days 2017. Good job~!
* Rachael Bevill has won the Best Poster Presentation Award (tie) at the GW Research Days 2017. Good job, too~!
* GW BME undergraduate student, Srineil Nizambad, received the GWIBE Undergraduate Research Scholarship for interactive robotic research in our lab~!
* GW BME UG/MS students team (Paul, Matt, Conor, and Rachael) was selected as one of the 2016 SEAS R&D Showcase candidates. Way to go~!
* Full day Workshop (Sept. 14) on
Assistive Robotics for Individuals with Disabilities: HRI Issues and Beyond in Chicago, U.S.A. at IROS'14